May 21, 2022
The Project Engineer position is responsible for supporting the Project Manager in the day-to-day scope, schedule, budget, cost, and risk management for their projects. They are also responsible for controlling the flow of documents for projects. They work closely with all members of the project team.
Project Operations – Responsible for creating and managing committing documents and change orders, and supporting the Project Manager in managing all aspects of commercial construction projects
- Lead and manage the drafting and processing of owner and subcontractor contracts
- Assure owner and subcontractor insurance is in compliance with contracts
- Support the Project Manager in reviewing and processing Pre-Bid RFIs
- Support the Project Manager in buying out trades after the project is awarded
- Support the Project Manager in tracking and revising the master project schedule, as needed
- Support the Superintendents in communicating with subcontractors regarding schedule expectations
- Create and update Job Cost Reports
- Support the Project Manager in cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting
- Support the Project Manager in preparing and presenting cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner
- Change Management
- Lead and manage the drafting and processing of owner and subcontractor change orders
- Support the Project Manager in obtaining pricing information for scope changes
- Attend project meetings, create agendas and take minutes, as requested
- Support the Superintendents in their punch list and quality control efforts, as requested
Document Control – Responsible for managing the document control for assigned projects
- Contract Documents: Manage the distribution of plan changes to all effected trades
- Submittals & Procurement: Manage the scheduling, solicitation, review, tracking and distribution of submittals and shop drawings
- RFIs: Support the Project Manager in reviewing and drafting requests for information and maintain the RFI log
- Close-out: Lead the compilation of closeout packages and processing of close-out documents
Team Coordination – Responsible for contributing to the success of the project by supporting the Project Manager and Superintendents – play an important role in accomplishing company objectives
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in implementation of policies and execution of projects
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Support company initiatives
- Support other team members and contribute to an overall positive employee experience
Other responsibilities as requested.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A four-year college degree, or equivalent experience is preferred (construction management, engineering, or related field)
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of commercial construction experience in a project engineering or management capacity
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Experience writing and negotiation subcontracts.
- Experience analyzing subcontractor/vendor quotes for fairness and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and resolved complex issues.
- Experience reviewing subcontractor/vendor shop drawings, product data, samples, manuals, etc. for all compliance with contract documents and coordination with all other items of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, PM Software, and Scheduling software.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
The ideal candidate possesses the following summarized and categorized characteristics.
Pace and Variety of Activities –Varied activities Multiple, simultaneous projects Fast-paced environment
Focus – Technical, analytical focus Work within established standards and guidelines Expertise-based problem solving
Decision-Making – Authoritative, quick decision making within defined span of control Based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures Important to also train others to make correct decisions
Communication and Collaboration – Communication is task based, technically oriented Team roles are clearly defined Need for collaboration is minimal, when necessary, it is focused on specific tasks or problems
***email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org