December 17, 2018
Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer position is responsible for providing high-level support to Project Managers in the day-to-day scope, schedule, budget, cost, and risk management for their projects. They are also responsible for overseeing the flow of documents for projects. They work closely with all members of the project team.
Project Operations – Responsible for leading and overseeing the creation of committing documents and change orders, and providing high-level support to the Project Managers in managing all aspects of commercial construction projects. Responsible for coordinating the activities of the Project Coordinators, as necessary
Team Coordination – Responsible for contributing to the success of the project by supporting the Project Manager and Superintendents and leading the Project Coordinator – play a key role in accomplishing company objectives
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A four-year college degree, or equivalent experience is preferred (construction management, engineering, or related field)
- Must have a minimum four (4) years of commercial construction experience in a project engineering or management capacity
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Experience writing and negotiation subcontracts.
- Experience analyzing subcontractor/vendor quotes for fairness and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and resolved complex issues.
- Experience reviewing subcontractor/vendor shop drawings, product data, samples, manuals, etc. for all compliance with contract documents and coordination with all other items of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, PM Software, and Scheduling software.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
The ideal candidate possesses the following summarized and categorized characteristics.
Pace and Variety of Activities –Varied activities Multiple, simultaneous projects Fast-paced environment
Focus – Technical, analytical focus Work within established standards and guidelines Expertise-based problem solving
Decision-Making – Authoritative, quick decision making within defined span of control Based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures Important to also train others to make correct decisions
Communication and Collaboration – Communication is task based, technically oriented Team roles are clearly defined Need for collaboration is minimal, when necessary, it is focused on specific tasks or problems