August 17, 2019
Senior Project Manager
At Burger Construction, we’ve been building strong connections throughout the San Diego community for over two decades. Specializing in fast paced tenant improvement projects, we are proud of the fact that over ninety percent of our business is referral and repeat business. This attests to the quality and service that Burger Construction provides to each client. Our fun, yet hard working culture offers an environment where you are encouraged to be your authentic self. Emphasizing a team approach, Burger offers general construction, design/build and construction management services, tailoring these programs to meet each client’s individual needs.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for estimating, contract negotiations, team leadership, the day-to-day scope, schedule, budget, cost, and risk management for their projects. The Senior Project Manager will lead and guide their project team, will be responsible for the overall customer experience, maintaining existing and building new relationships and work closely with the Leadership Team.
Is your personality a fit?
This position requires a confident, strategic, proactive, results oriented self-leader, who is technically focused, assertive and comfortable taking the lead within a team. A well-suited candidate has a sense of urgency, the ability to make decisions quickly and take responsibility for them, and is comfortable with changing priorities and deadlines. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details as long as they are only an intermittent aspect of the job, and not the primary responsibility.
- A four-year college degree is strongly preferred (preferably in construction management or engineering)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial construction, project management experience with demonstrated experience in managing tenant improvements in excess of $5M
- Experience with lab space, medical office or prevailing wage projects is strongly preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to simultaneously run multiple projects
- Must have substantial experience in scheduling using MS Project or similar technology
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and automobile insurance coverage
- Past hands-on field experience is a plus
- Experience with project management software is required
- Must have basic computer skills; proficient with Excel
Our corporate office is located in beautiful Sorrento Valley. We have competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including 100% company paid health insurance for you and your dependents, life insurance, 401k with a match and paid vacation time.
Burger Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V